Day 531... Time flies

Time flies when you are passionate, and I have been passionately living a busy life for the last two years. I graduated from college, started writing poetry, got my CPA license, and now work at one of the Big 4 accounting firms. 

This blog was originally dedicated to my zero waste journey, but unfortunately, I did not stick with it and it led to me falling out of writing for fear of shame and embarrassment. The goal was to maintain a zero waste lifestyle, and even though I keep my mason jar of trash from that time on my counter as a reminder, it was not a realistic lifestyle for me. 

Accepting that was hard. 

I reevaluated what is important to me, and here are my top 3 priorities in life:
  1.  Live happily
    • Do one thing a day that bring happiness. For me, that can be working out, eating right, writing, bingeing a tv show, seeing friends (though socially distanced right now), and many more.
  2.  Create balance
    • When taking something from the earth, give something back. For me, that culminates around my birthday when I acknowledge all that I have taken from this earth in the last year and try to give back in as many ways possible (sponsoring animals, donating, volunteering, etc.).
  3.  Reduce impact
    • I may not live a zero waste lifestyle any longer, but I am committed to living sustainably. Climate change is the biggest threat to our future and individuals CAN make a difference by reducing their impact and through their purchasing choices.
I hope you read with me on my journey which will include many recipes, animals, and my life.

Comments