Vegan Slow Cooker Enchilada Rice

Crockpot recipes are some of my favorite because there is little work involved. Just add ingredients and walk away until you can eat it. For this Enchilada Rice, I started by making a batch of my Enchilada Sauce. Then I added everything except the rice and cream cheese and let it slow cook. I chose to use Banza Rice because it is made of chickpeas which adds protein to the recipe, and I am not the biggest fan of regular rice. For the vegan cream cheese, I like the Tofutti brand or Go Veggie. I am still perfecting my own vegan cream cheese recipe, so as of now, I still buy vegan cream cheese from the store.




Please like, share, and follow for more content. And let me know how you like this recipe!

Vegan Slow Cooker Enchilada Rice

Yield: 4 servings

Prep time: 10 minutes

Total time: 4 - 8 hours

Ingredients

Corn | 1 can

Black Beans | 1 can

Diced Tomatoes | 1 can

Poblano Pepper | 1 pepper, diced

Enchilada Sauce | 1 batch or 1 jar

Banza Rice | .75 cup

Vegan Cream Cheese | 4 oz

Directions

1. Add all ingredients except cream cheese and rice to a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8.

2. Add in rice and cream cheese and cook an additional 15 minutes. If using normal rice, it may need to cook longer.

3. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 370 | Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 619 mg | Total Carbs: 46 g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 14 g

Comments