Lemon Pepper Pasta

In honor of Pride Month, I am continuing to show my allyship through different colored pasta. This week is yellow represented by my Lemon Pepper Pasta. 

Again, I know that this does not help end discrimination, but I want to show allyship in the best way I know. 

For this Lemon Pepper Pasta, I create a heavy cream sauce, add Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan, the juice of one lemon, and cracked pepper. I toss the Banza Spaghetti noodles in the sauce and top with extra pepper and lemon zest for serving. I also ate mine with garlic bread which was just a ciabatta slice with a little bit of olive oil, minced garlic, and black pepper which I baked on 400 for about 10 minutes. 

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Lemon Pepper Pasta

Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

Cashews | 1/3 cup

Almond Milk | 1/2 cup

Olive Oil | 1 tbsp

Minced Garlic | 1 tap

Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan | 1 cup 

Lemon | Juice of 1 lemon

Black Pepper | to taste

Spaghetti | 1 box

Directions

1. Make heavy cream by blending cashews and almond milk until smooth. If you don't have a Vitamix, soak the cashews in boiling water got 20-30 minutes to soften.

2. Cook pasta according to directions. 

3. In small pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until beginning to brown.

4. Then add the cream sauce, parmesan, juice of 1 lemon, and cracked paprika and stir until smooth.

5. Toss noodles in sauce and sprinkle with extra pepper and lemon zest. 

6. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per serving:

Calories: 490 | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 130 mg | Total Carbs: 69 g | Dietary Fiber: 10.5 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 28 g


Comments