Vegan Cheddar Cheeze

I have been working to create my own vegan versions of popular vegan cheeses, like mozzarella, cheddar, and pepperjack. I perfected my versions of cheddar and mozzarella, and I hope to have pepperjack released soon. 

You might notice my cheddar cheeze is very similar to my normal cheeze sauce and that's because it is. The only difference is instead of all-purpose flour, tapioca starch is used. When heating the mixture with tapioca starch, the cheeze begins to solidify into a block of cheeze. Once the mixture is in uniform texture, I pour into an 8 oz ramekin and cool until hardens. If it hardens long enough, it can be grated or it can be sliced and used in a variety of dishes. 

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And let me know how you like this recipe!

Vegan Cheddar

Yield: 1 batch
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 2 hours

Ingredients

Cashews, Raw | 1/2 cup

Almond Milk | 3/4 cup 

Nutritional Yeast | 1/4 cup

Tapioca Starch  | 1 tbsp

Paprika | 1 tsp

Black Pepper | 1 tsp 

Garlic Powder | 1 tsp

Apple Cider Vinegar | 1 capful

Directions

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and soak cashews for 20-30 minutes.

2. Add cashews with the remaining ingredients (except tapioca flour) to a blender and blend until smooth. 

3. Transfer to a small pot and heat over medium heat. Add the tapioca flour and stir constantly until it completely combines and forms a little ball of cheeze. 

4. Put contents into an 8 oz ramekin and cool until solid (approximately 1.5 hours).

5. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 batch (approximately 6 servings):

Calories: 620  | Fat: 44.5 | Saturated Fat: 0  g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 210 mg  | Total Carbs: 39  g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 6  g | Protein: 25 g


Comments