Vegan Curried Mac

I have enjoyed learning more about other cultures through their food. I did not get a ton of exposure to different cuisines growing up, and I was so picky that I'm not sure I would have liked it. Now that I'm older, I've been trying new things. Over the last year, I've been experimenting with Indian dishes and spices. Since I love making pasta, I thought one of the easiest ways for me to learn Indian spices was through one of my favorite dishes, so I created this Vegan Curried Mac with my normal cheese sauce with a twist in the spice section. I added peas because they're one of my favorites to add to pastas, and you can see how beautiful the color and texture turned out.

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And let me know how you like this recipe!

Vegan Curried Mac  

Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 20 minites
Total time: 30 minutes

Ingredients

Pasta Noodles | 1 box 

Cashews | 3/4 cups

Almond or Coconut Milk | 1 cup 

Nutritional Yeast | 1/4 cup 

Flour | 1 tbsp 

Curry Powder | 1 - 2 tbsp

Directions

1. Place cashews in boiling water and soak for 20 minutes. 

2. Cook pasta according to directions. Add peas halfway through. 

3. Add soaked cashews and remaining sauce ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth. If you do not have curry powder, you can mix the following spices: coriander, tumeric, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, black pepper. 

4. Top pasta noodles with sauce. 

5. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 423  | Fat: 11 g  | Saturated Fat: 0.3  g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 43.5 mg  | Total Carbs: 66 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g  | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 16 g


Comments