Day 535... California

I am safely visiting a town a little bit north of Los Angeles for the Thanksgiving holiday. I have been cooking a lot of homemade food and perfecting new recipes for the blog to minimize the risk of getting covid. In addition, eating out during covid seems to produce a lot more waste and involves more single use plastics. While I try to minimize how much waste I produce, I do not want to miss out on any great food opportunities, so one day, I ventured into Los Angeles to get falafel and see the Hollywood sign from a distance which was a success.
I looked up falafel places in LA and stumbled on a place called Fala Bar that's somewhat near the Walk of Fame in West Hollywood on Melrose Ave. It is a 100% vegan restaurant that had a takeout option and some outdoor seating. A special thing about this place is they have multiple flavors of falafel including sweet potato falafel, kale falafel, and spicy falafel. I parked nearby and ordered a falafel sandwich with the spicy falafel. I also ordered their specialty Cajun fries and a kale burger which they say is their best item. The cashier was extremely nice and offered some of their homemade sauces, like ranch and a spicy orange sauce. The first bite was delicious and so was every bite after this. The falafel was round and paired well with their hummus and tahini sauce. 
The kale burger had a beautiful aesthetic and flavor in every bite. 
The sauces were fantastic as a dip for each item and the Cajun fries. The vegan ranch was so delicious that it makes me want to perfect my own ranch seasoning dip. The only thing this restaurant is missing is a falafel sampler platter where you can try each kind of falafel, but besides that it is 5/5 on my scale. 

I say all of this to say that if you find yourself in the LA area, I highly recommend Fala Bar. 

Please like, share, and follow for more content and let me know if you've tried Fala Bar and love it too!

Comments