Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies Three Ways

This is my mom's Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. When she found out she was allergic to eggs but knew she loved cookies, she created this recipe. It is one of my favorites to make, and I make it 3 different ways because I can't decide which one is best. I make all three at the same time which each row being the different type of cookie. It adds variety and makes it more fun that only traditional peanut butter cookies. However, you can choose to make just one kind or all kinds.

My first way to make these is traditional peanut butter cookies with the criss-cross design. Next, I make peanut butter stuffed cookies by indenting the peanut butter ball with my thumb and adding a few chocolate chips and rolling it again. My last way is to make chocolate topped cookies by indenting them a little bit and allowing them to bake like that. After baking, add a few chocolate chips to melt as they cool down. After each cookie is made, I roll them in extra sugar before baking. 

I prefer to use unsweetened peanut butter for this recipe since it adds sugar, but it will work with all kinds of peanut butter. I also use allergen friendly chocolate chips.


Please let me know how you like this recipe, and please like, share, and follow for more content!

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies Three Ways

Yield: 15 - 20 cookies

Prep time: 10 minutes

Total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients

Flax Seed | 1 tbsp ground

Water | 1.5 tbsps

Vanilla | 1 tsp

Peanut Butter | 1 cup

Sugar | 1 cup

Chocolate Chips (optional) | as needed

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325.

2. Mix all ingredients until combined.

3. Roll into 1 inch balls. Then either make traditional, chocolate stuffed, or chocolate topped cookies:

    a. For traditional peanut butter cookies, use a fork to press down the cookies in a criss-cross pattern.

    b. For peanut butter stuffed, take the 1 inch ball and press your thumb into it creating an indent. Then add a few chocolate chips and roll into a ball again. 

    c. For chocolate topped, create a little indent with your thumb (chocolate chips will be added after baking.)

4. Put a little bit of sugar into a bowl, and roll each cookie into the sugar before putting onto a baking dish.

5. Bake for 12 minutes. If making the chocolate topped, add the chocolate immediately after baking so that it melts from the heat.

6 Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 cookie:

Calories: 120 | Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1.25 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: .15 mg | Total Carbs: 9.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 6.5 g | Protein: 3.5 g

Comments