Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough

Friday nights are usually pizza nights for me. I order from a local pizza shop around the corner. However making it at home saves money and can be fun, so I created this Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough for days when I can't make it to the pizza place or if I want a fun activity. 

I use fast rise yeast for this recipe because it saves on time by not waiting on the water and yeast to mix. Instead you can take fast rise yeast and mix it together at one time. If you have traditional yeast, you can mix the warm water and yeast and let sit according to the directions. 

After mixing the ingredients, I knead the dough for 5 minutes until it can be stretched without breaking. 

Then I let the dough rise for at least an hour. I rolled mine out into a rectangle and added homemade pizza sauce from another one of my posts. Then I added vegan cheeze and my toppings. 

I bake in the oven with toppings for 15 - 20 minutes at 450 degrees. 

See below for the final product with my preferences though you can add whatever you want. 
Please like, share, and follow for more content, and please let me know how you like it!

Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough

Yield: 1 dough
Prep time: 60 minites
Total time: 80 minutes

Ingredients

Water | 3/4 cup, warm

Fast Rising Yeast | 1 packet

Olive Oil | 1/4 cup

Whole Wheat Flour | 2.5 cups

Salt | 1 tsp

Oregano | 1 tsp

Garlic Powder | 1 tsp

Basil | 1 tsp

Thyme | 1 tsp

Directions

1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together with hands. It should form a ball.

2. Sprinkle some flour on parchment paper. Add dough and knead for 5 minutes until you can pull the dough without it breaking. 

3. Put the dough into an oiled bowl and let rest for at least 1 hour. The longer you let it rise the less it will rise while cooking. 

4. After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 450.

5. On an oiled pan, roll the dough into your desired pizza shape and thickness. 

4. Add pizza sauce, cheeze, and toppings and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. 

5. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 1580 | Fat: 61 g | Saturated Fat: 8 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 0 mg | Total Carbs: 230 g | Dietary Fiber: 40 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 40 g



Comments