Vegan Zucchini Casserole

I love zucchini, and I love casseroles in the winter. I mixed together my special molé sauce and created a colorful Vegan Zucchini Casserole! Because I used whole vegetables and bulk quinoa, little to no waste was created in the preparation of this meal. If you do not have access to fresh veggies or time to prepare them, canned or frozen equivalents should work just fine. 

With these colorful ingredients, this recipe looks like a masterpiece. Feel free to serve with avocado or don't use cheese if that's your style. 

I start making this recipe by cooking the quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking, I cut the veggies. 


Once the quinoa is ready, I mix all of the ingredients, except cheese, together in the baking dish.


I top with cheese and cilantro and bake for 30 minutes in foil. It turned into this colorful masterpiece. 


Feel free to serve with avocado or whatever you want to go with it. 


Please like, share, and follow for more content. And let me know if you tried this recipe and how it was!

Vegan Zucchini Casserole

Yield: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes

Ingredients

Black Beans | 1 15 oz can

Quinoa | 1 cup

Water | 2 cups

Tomato Sauce | 1 8 oz can

Mole | 1.5 tbsps

Zucchini | 2 medium, diced

Jalapeño | 1 diced

Vine Ripened Tomatoes | 3 diced

Cilantro | 1/4 cup

Vegan Cheese | As desired

Vegetable Oil | for frying

Directions

1. In a pot, bring quinoa and water to a boil and cook on medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes until water is absorbed.

2. Preheat oven to 350 and grab a 9 x 13 pan.

3. Mix mole and tomato sauce together until combined.

4. Add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients, except cheese, to the baking dish and mix together. 

5. Top with as much cheese as your heart desires. I typically use between .5 cup and 1 cup.

6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

7. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 435 | Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: .5 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 756 mg | Total Carbs: 53 g | Dietary Fiber: 15 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 16 g



Comments