Veggie Lasagna

I posted a Vegan Lasagna Roll-Up recipe a while ago, but I've been craving a traditional lasagna dish. I got this adorable pyrek baking dish from my mom's house and thought it would be perfect for a small lasagna. I made my basil ricotta recipe that is already on my blog and picked up a couple of fresh veggies from the store. I created 6 layers with marinara sauce, noodles, ricotta, and veggies. I baked it for 30 minutes covered and then added a layer of nutritional yeast and baked for 5 more minutes. And look at the wonderful creation below. 


I couldn't figure out how to get the lasagna out in a beautiful way, but the taste is worth it. 


Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Veggie Lasagna

Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minites
Total time: 45 minutes

Ingredients

Lasagna Noodles | 1/2 package

Ricotta Cheeze | 1 batch or 1 package

Zucchini | 1 medium, diced

Carrots | 3 small, diced

Olive Oil | 1 tbsp

Marinara Sauce | 1/2 jar

Nutritional Yeast | for serving

Directions

1. In a small pan, add olive oil and diced veggies. Cook until soft about 10 - 15 minutes. 

2. While the veggies are cooking, put a pot of water on to boil and then make the lasagna noodles according to directions. Though you may want to cook them a couple of minutes less since they will continue to cook while baking.

3. Then make the ricotta batch and preheat oven to 350.

4. After all parts are made, begin creating layers in a baking dish. I start with a little bit of marinara, then noodles, ricotta, veggies and repeat.

5. Once all layers are complete, back for 30 minutes covered. Then sprinkle some nutritional yeast on and bake uncovered 5 minutes. 

6. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 600 | Fat: 29.5 | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 634 mg | Total Carbs: 69.5 | Dietary Fiber: 10 | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 21 g


Comments