Day 547...Plant Based Sausage Review

I had a few hotdog buns leftover last week, so when I went to the store, I decided to find something that could go in them. I found this Simple Truth Plant Based Sausage and decided to try it. Based on the packaging, it may be better suited in a pasta or breakfast scramble, but I only had a few buns left and this pack came in 4.

To cook it, I cut it in half and placed it in a pan over medium heat and cooked until it started to sizzle and brown. I put it in a toasted bun to try it. The texture was nice. It had the right amount of crunch to chewy. The flavor was reminiscent of a sausage though it's been many years since I've had one. I could taste the paprika and spices which I liked. 

Overall, I thought this product was good for the price and the flavor that came from it. I would definitely try putting it in a pasta or cooking it into other recipes.

Comments