Vegan Carrot Dogs

Memorial Day is the start of barbeque season. While friends and family might throw hamburgers or hotdogs on a grill, I've created a fun substitute - Vegan Carrot Dogs. While my recommended cooking method is baking for 45 minutes, these can also easily be covered in aluminum foil and cooked on a grill. I do not have access to a grill, so I am not sure how long it would take, but they should be fork tender prior to eating. 

I enjoy my carrot dogs with just ketchup, but any topping combination will taste delicious. 

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Vegan Carrot Dogs

Yield: 6 - 8 dogs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes

Ingredients

Olive Oil | 1 tbsp

Ketchup | 1 tbsp

Mustard | 1 tbsp

Balsamic Vinegar | 1 tsp

Smoky Paprika | 1/2 tsp 

Pepper | to taste

Carrots | 6 - 8 medium sized, peeled 

Buns | for serving

Toppings | for serving

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350. 

2. Combine the sauce ingredients (first 6 ingredients) and coat on peeled carrots.

3. Bake for 45 minutes and flip halfway through. 

4. Serve in a bun with your favorite toppings. 

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 dog and bun (without toppings):

Calories: 295 | Fat: 15.5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 494 mg | Total Carbs: 36 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 4 g


Comments