Purple Cauliflower Gnocchi

For the month of June, I plan to support Pride Month in the most food way possible - a different colored pasta recipe every week. I know this doesn't provide equal access or end discrimination for people in the LGBTQ+ community, but as a food blogger, I want to show my support and allyship in the best way I know.

Today I'm posting Purple Gnocchi which I promise is purple but doesn't show as well before it cooks due to the flour used for rolling. The key to this recipe is using a purple cauliflower. They can be hard to find, but I generally find them in my local Kroger. I boil the cauliflower until fork tender. Then I mash and let cool before using a cheesecloth to squeeze out as much water as possible. Next I add the remaining ingredients and knead into a dough. I cut and roll the dough out into even pieces before boiling until they float. I serve with my favorite sauce and enjoy.

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Purple Gnocchi

Yield: 2 servings gnocchi
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes

Ingredients

Purple Cauliflower | 1 medium head

All Purpose Flour | 1/2 cup

Ground Flax Seed | 1 tbsp

Water | 1 tbsp

Salt | pinch

Directions

1. Cut cauliflower into florets removing most of the stems or any white areas. 

2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add cauliflower. Cook until fork tender. 

3. Strain cauliflower and put into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Then let rest until cool to touch.

4. Use a cheesecloth on the mashed cauliflower to remove as much water as possible. 

5. Add all ingredients to a dry bowl and combine into a dough. If too mushy add more flour. Knead until evenly mixed.

6. On a floured piece of parchment paper cut dough into 4 pieces. Then roll each out and cut the gnocchi into squares approximately 1/2 inch. I use a pizza cutter but a knife would work as well. 

7. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add gnocchi. Cook 3-4 minutes until gnocchi floats. 

8. Serve with your favorite sauce. 

9. Enjoy! 

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 205 | Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: .25 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 75 mg | Total Carbs: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 10.5 g


Comments