Chickpea Salad Sandwich

This may be my favorite summer sandwich. It's served cold which is great during the summer heat. It also takes less than 10 minutes to make. 

For this recipe, I take a can of chickpeas and combine with vegan mayo, mustard, and spices. I use Follow Your Heart Vegan Mayo and Annie's mustard. These are definitely my favorite store bought brands for vegan mayo and mustard, so I recommend using them if you have access to buy them at a store. I mash the mixture and then create my sandwich. I start with a layer of hummus on bread, then add the chickpea mixture, cucumbers, and lettuce.  

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Chickpea Salad Sandwiches

Yield: 3 sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes

Ingredients

Chickpeas | 1 15 oz can

Vegan Mayo | 1/3 cup

Mustard | 2 tbsp

Parsley | 1/2 tsp

Oregano | 1/4 tsp 

Basil | 1/4 tsp

Salt and Pepper | to taste 

Cucumber | 1/2 peeled and diced

Shredded Lettuce | for serving

Hummus | for serving 

Bread | for serving

Directions

1. Add chickpeas, mayo, mustard, and spices to a bowl and mash together with a big fork or potato masher. 

2. Create your sandwich by layering bread, hummus, chickpea salad mixture, cucumber, lettuce, and top with bread. 

3. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 sadnwich:

Calories: 530 | Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 1049 mg | Total Carbs: 64 g | Dietary Fiber: 13 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 19 g


Comments