Curried Chickpeas

Writing for this blog encourages me to try new foods. Before I started writing, I had never used Indian spices in a recipe or tried curry. I want to branch out of my comfort zone for recipes and that means I started trying more new foods, including curry. This easy curried chickpea recipe is a great meal prep option for your weekly lunches. I serve the curried Chickpeas with Banza rice which I guess makes this a chickpea on chickpea recipe.

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know if you try this recipe and how you like it.

Curried Chickpeas

Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes

Ingredients

Chickpeas | 1 15 oz can

Cashews | 1/4 cup

Almond Milk | 1/2 cup

Diced Tomatoes | 1 15 oz can

Tomato Sauce | 1 15 oz can

Curry Powder | 2 tbsps

Green Peas | 1 cup

Directions

1. Create cashew cream by blending cashews and almond milk in a high speed blender.

2. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to a medium pot and bring to a boil.

3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes until thick.

4. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 387 | Fat: 8 g  | Saturated Fat: .25 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 262  mg | Total Carbs: 63.5  g | Dietary Fiber: 15 g | Sugars: 11  g | Protein: 21 g


Comments