Vegan Queso

In the vegan world, potatoes + carrots + cashews = something like cheese. I used these ingredients plus a few others to make my form of vegan queso. 

I start by dicing some potatoes and carrots. I add the potatoes, carrots, and cashews to a pot to boil until fork tender.

Then I strain them and add them to a food processor with the remaining ingredients. 


Once blended, this makes a delicious, spreadable queso sauce that is perfect as a dipping sauce, for nachos, or with a little bit of vegetable broth, it can be made into a mac and cheeze sauce. 


I anticipate making other varieties of queso as I continue to develop my cooking skills, but this will be my first Vegan Queso recipe. 

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And let me know how you like it.

Vegan Queso

Yield: 1 batch
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

Yukon Gold Potatoes | 4, peeled and diced

Carrots | 2, peeled and diced

Raw Cashews | 1/2 cup

Nutritional Yeast | 1/2 cup

JalapeƱo | 1 - 2, diced

Garlic | 2 cloves

Paprika | 1 tsp

Apple Cider Vinegar | 1 capful

Directions

1. Peel and dice the potatoes and carrots.

2. Add potatoes, carrots, and cashews to a pot of water and boil until a fork goes through them easily (between 15 - 20 minutes).

3. Strain the potatoes, carrots, and cashews and add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth.

4. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving:

Calories: 964 | Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 136 mg | Total Carbs: 146 g | Dietary Fiber: 22 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 47 g


Comments