Day 543...Recess

Going to a restaurant can be enjoyable especially now that the weather is warming up and patios are fully opened. I decided to try a new restaurant called Recess which has a lot of vegan options listed. Recess is located as part of Krog Strong Market and has lots of outside seating which is nice since we are still in a pandemic.  

This restaurant is essentially two in one. Their menu has Recess on one side and Bar Mercado on one side. Bar Mercado doesn't have a lot of vegan options but it does have some. I tried one item from Bar Mercado and one item from Recess. From Bar Mercado, I ordered the below tapas called Roasted Cauliflower. It came in a spicy garlic sauce, and it was extremely yummy. It wasn't as crispy as I would expect roasted cauliflower, but I wouldn't have changed anything of it. 

After the tapas, I ordered the My Farro Lady bowl which included Farro, roasted broccoli, spaghetti squash, pesto, and more. It was super tasty and a much larger portion than I expected. I actually had to get a go-to container because it was so much food. 

Overall it was a really good experience. I liked being able to sit outside and try some new foods. I would definitely recommend Recess if you're in town!

Comments