Quinoa Veggie Burger

Making my own veggie burgers may be my favorite pass time right now. I am experimenting with different bean and grain combinations. I created a black bean patty first, but I wanted to keep trying different combinations to make the perfect veggie burger. This quinoa and kidney bean one might be my new favorite. 


I make this veggie patty using quinoa, kidney beans, tomato paste, flax seed, and spices. With my other burger I cooked them in a pan on the top of the stove. For this variation, I decided to try baking them to see if they could get extra crispy, and it worked. I served my Quinoa Veggie Burger on a roll with ketchup and Miyoko's PepperJack style slices made from oatmilk. This was my first time trying the Miyoko's style slices, and they were fantastic! They did not melt as well as I would have liked, but the taste was spot on and went very well with my burger.


Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know if you try this recipe and how you like it.

Quinoa Veggie Burger

Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minute
Total time: 35 minutes

Ingredients

Uncooked Quinoa | 1 cup

Vegetable Broth | 2 cups 

Kidney Beans | 1 can

Tomato Paste | 3 tbsps

Nutritional Yeast | 2 tbsps

Ground Flax Seed | 1 tbsp

Paprika | 1 tsp 

Garlic Powder | 1 tsp 

Black Pepper | 1/2 tsp 

Chili Powder | 1/2 tsp 

Directions

1. Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a pot and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the water is absorbed.

2. Add kidney beans to a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add cooked quinoa and other ingredients and combine.

3. Preheat oven to 400.

4. Use your hands to form patties and place on a baking sheet.

5. Bake for 20 minutes until outside is crispy.

6. If adding cheeze, place on patty at the 15 minute mark.

7. Enjoy! 

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 serving (excludes bun and toppings):

Calories: 196 | Fat: 2 g  | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 19.5 mg | Total Carbs: 35  g | Dietary Fiber: 8  g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 9.5 g


Comments