Day 546... Southern Belle Farm

Last weekend I visited Southern Belle Farms to go strawberry picking. It's about a 1 hour drive south from my place in Atlanta. You pay by the gallon before entering the farm. It is a little pricey, but once you get the bucket, you can put as many strawberries that you find in it. In terms of dollars for strawberries, a store bought package is probably cheaper, but this was definitely a fun experience. I went up and down a few aisles looking for the best strawberries. 
After I had my bucket filled, I visited the store which had some ciders, strawberry goods, and some strawberry themed gifts. I decided against buying anything, but I think the strawberry cider would have been a good purchase. 
Now that I have all of these strawberries, you might ask what I'm going to do with them? Well I spent the whole afternoon turning this gallon of strawberries into popcicle, sorbets, puree, and froze some for smoothies. Now that the weather is getting warmer, be on the lookout for these summer time recipes!

Comments