Vegan Nutella

Homemade products are almost always better than store bought in my opinion. Store bought nutella is not vegan, so it is not even an option for me to buy. 

So when I saw hazelnuts in the bulk section at Sprouts, I knew I had to make my own. I looked up a few variations on Pinterest, but I did not see one that I wanted to try. I attempted to make my own based on what I thought would work well together. I used hazelnuts, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond milk to create this vegan nutella. It is best stored in the fridge, and it goes well on sandwiches or as an ingredient in my mug cake recipe.

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And let me know how you like this recipe!

Vegan Nutella

Yield: 1 batch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients

Hazelnuts | 1 cup

Cocoa Powder | 3 tbsps

Maple Syrup | 3 tbsps

Coconut Oil | 1 tbsp

Almond Milk | 1/4 - 1/2 cup

Salt | to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Put hazelnuts on a pan and bake for 10 minutes.

3. Let hazelnuts cool then put the hazelnuts into a cloth and rub the skins off until almost all hazelnuts are completely skin-free.

4. Put the hazelnuts into a food processor and process until it begins to turn into a butter. This will take a while especially if you are not using a high speed blender.

5. Once the hazelnuts have buttered, add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. if you have a high speed blender, you may not need to add the milk, so try without and see. If it is too thick continue adding milk until smooth.

6. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 batch (1.5 cups):

Calories: 1100 | Fat: 84 g | Saturated Fat: 17 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 34 mg | Total Carbs: 69 g | Dietary Fiber: 15 g | Sugars: 44 g | Protein: 20 g


Comments