Roasted Broccoli Pasta

In honor of Pride Month, I am continuing to show my allyship through different colored pasta. This week is is the final week with green represented by my Roasted Broccoli Pasta. 

Again, I know that this does not help end discrimination, but I want to show allyship in the best way I know. 

This pasta only has a few ingredients - broccoli, spices, pesto, and pasta. Instead of making my own pesto, I used Trader Joe's Vegan Pesto. It is definitely my favorite vegan pesto that I've found in stores. I also used Banza Pasta for extra protein and because I love chickpeas, but any 4 serving box will work. Then I Roasted Broccoli by baking the broccoli for about 40 minutes while coated in hot sauce, olive oil, and salt and pepper. The hot sauce adds a nice heat which I enjoy. I've actually been making roasted broccoli almost once a week for the past few weeks because I've been craving it. 

Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Roasted Broccoli Pasta

Yield: 3 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 50  minutes

Ingredients

Broccoli | 1 head

Olive Oil | 1 tbsp

Hot Sauce | 1 tbsp

Salt and Pepper | to taste

Banza Pasta | 1 box

Vegan Pesto | for serving

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. Cut broccoli into even sized florets and coat with oil, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. 

3. Place coated broccoli onto a parchment paper sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until blackening. 

4. Cook pasta noodles according to directions. 

5. Top pasta noodles with pesto and broccoli. 

6. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per serving:

Calories: 460 | Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 352 mg | Total Carbs: 53 g | Dietary Fiber: 14 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 23 g


Comments