Day 548... My Grandma Died

I was fortunate to grow up with 3 great-grandmas in my life. Unfortunately they began to pass away when I turned 20, and last week my last great-grandma passed away. I'm honestly still a little shaken by last week's death. Even though she was 101, there was no warning or time to prepare - she was just gone. 

I flew home to Minnesota on Thursday and was able to attend the funeral. I had extra time to visit some family as well, and I wanted to share a few highlights from my trip. 

I sat by one of the 10,000 lakes and tried a new vegan ice cream that I found at Target. 

Some of my family has farm land, so I was able to visit and pet some of the baby cows. 

And I made a casserole which is a traditional dish of the Midwest. This one is a Taco Casserole with half Daiya cheddar and half non-vegan cheese for other family members.
 
While my trip to Minnesota was sad, I'm thankful I was able to make a few memories. I'm also thankful that I was able to have 3 amazing great-grandmas in my life who taught me about life, love, food, kindness, and so much more. 

Comments