Vegan Crunchwrap

Need a meal to cook for mom this weekend? Or want to recreate Taco Bell's Crunchwrap and veganize it as a fun activity? These Vegan Crunchwraps are a perfect activity or meal to make for mom. My mom requested these Vegan Crunchwraps when I visited her last weekend, so it seems like the perfect mother's day recipe to post. 

I love the flavor in these Vegan Crunchwraps, and they can be modified with whatever things you want to add or substitute. My main protein for this recipe is taco seasoned black beans. I used Kroger's Simple Truth Plant based sour cream, then added the black beans. I used my Vegan Cheeze Sauce mixed with Pace salsa. Then I added mashed Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritos which are by far my favorite accidental vegan food. Lastly, I added lettuce before folding it together. I used 1/3 of a second tortilla to cover the gap while folding. Then I cooked then on the pan until each side browned (starting with the side that is folded in). It's delicious when dipped in extra cheese sauce too. You could also add guacamole, diced tomatoes, or replace the beans with rice or quinoa.  
Please like, share, and follow for more content! And please let me know how you like this recipe. 

Vegan Crunchwraps

Yield: 4 crunchwraps
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

Black Beans | 1 can

Taco Seasoning | 1 - 2 tbsp

Cheeze Sauce | 1 batch

Salsa | 1 8 oz jar 

Burrito Sized Tortillas | 4 - 5 for serving

Shredded Lettuce | for serving

Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos | for serving

Vegan Sour Cream | for serving

Directions

1. Make the cheeze sauce. And the jar of salsa and combine.

2. Heat the beans with a little bit of olive oil. Add the taco seasoning and stir. Start with 1 tbsp and adjust up if you prefer more flavor. Then mash the beans a little bit with a fork or masher.

3. Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat for making the crunchwraps.

4. While the pan is heating, prepare the Crunchwrap in this order: burrito shell, spoonful of vegan sour cream, seasoned black beans, Cheeze/salsa mixture, broken doritos, lettuce. To close begin by turning the edges in toward the center until no insides are showing. If it was filled too much, you can add a third of another burrito shell and fold into that.

5. Place the folded side into the pan first and cook until golden brown. Then flip and repeat.

6. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 crunchwrap:

Calories: 684 | Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |

Sodium: 1546 mg | Total Carbs: 97 g | Dietary Fiber: 9  g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 22 g


Comments